- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:37
- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 11:37
- Hits: 1909
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has re-elected Darryl E. Fisher as its chairman for an additional one-year term and also re-elected District 4 Supervisor W.W. Hynson as vice-chairman. The two Westmoreland County leaders were re-elected unanimously by voice vote at a meeting of the supervisors Monday evening.
Fisher and Hynson were both elected to the board of supervisors in 1994. Both have previously served as chairman.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:51
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:42
- Hits: 1973
Westmoreland County parents and students have expressed safety concerns as a result of the horrific shooting crisis in Newtown, Connecticut that took 28 lives on Friday. County school officials have reassured that county schools are well prepared to deal with any developing emergency.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 12 December 2012 12:18
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 11:29
- Hits: 1407
In response to proposed budget reductions by the State of Virginia and the looming ‘fiscal cliff’ that, if it happens, could mean $1 trillion in federal budget cuts over the next decade, Westmoreland County officials are preparing for the impact the reductions of state and federal funding will have on the county’s budget.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:58
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:58
- Hits: 1614
Montross Town Council passed a resolution last week to appropriate all Community Development Block Grant funds received towards activities to the Montross Downtown Revitalization project.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:15
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:05
- Hits: 2108
LAND TRANSFERS - WESTMORELAND - MAY, 2012
- Fannie Mae to Sanford, Richard T. & Jean A., 1.390 ac., Cople Dist., $117,000.00
- Bank of New York Mellon to Ray, Douglas, lot 52, Mk. Jackson subdivision, Town of Colonial Beach, $35,500.00
- Hamlet Homes Corporation to Callis, Lawrence Eugene, et al, lot 38A, Bk. 29C, Town of Colonial Beach, $142,000.00
- Joy, Sadie W., Trustee to Travis, Donale E. Travis, Mar., lot 11, Blk. D, Ebb Tide Beach, Sec. A, Washington Dist., $20,000.00
- Professional Foreclosure Corp. to Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp., lot 22, Block 3, Lake View Sec., Placid Bay Estates, Washington Dist., $156,773.00
- Last Updated on Monday, 12 November 2012 11:43
- Published on Monday, 12 November 2012 11:39
- Hits: 2314
From left to right: Deputy Robert M. Pitts, Rex Gordon (Northern Neck Chevrolet employee), Tom Collins (owner of Northern Neck Chevrolet), Judith Wilcox with her son Jon Wilcox (winners of a child safety seat), Brittany Johnson (Northen Neck Chevrolet employee), and Byrd Newton (winner of a child safety seat)
- Last Updated on Thursday, 08 November 2012 12:31
- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 12:31
- Hits: 1533
Following an advertised public hearing on Nov. 5, the Westmoreland County Planning Commission delivered a 4-0 vote that asks the board of supervisors to amend the zoning ordinance in order to allow new public sewer customers to maintain their septic systems after connecting to the county’s public waste water collection lines.