- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:07
- Published on Wednesday, 06 March 2013 00:37
- Hits: 2096
A new country store, Erica Mall, will open this summer at the intersection of Mt. Holly Rd. and Erica Rd. in Westmoreland County. The new store will end a long drive of up to 15 miles for residents from Nomini Bay to the Potomac River who are in need of gas and groceries
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 17:03
- Published on Wednesday, 20 February 2013 00:03
- Hits: 2357
In an effort to help the Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office deal with growing responsibilities and reduced resources, the Westmoreland Board of Supervisors Monday night approved the appointment of unpaid auxiliary deputy sheriffs.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:58
- Published on Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:58
- Hits: 2130
With the growing number of senior citizens in King George and Westmoreland Counties, the demand for effective, quality health care has increased dramatically and Westmoreland Rehabilitation and Healthcare has become a popular solution for those seeking to recover from illness, injury or surgery.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 12:29
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 12:29
- Hits: 2675
A Westmoreland County Circuit Court jury has convicted two men of a violent 2011 home invasion and sentenced them to 80 years in prison, the minimum sentencing allowed by law. The pair is scheduled to appear before a circuit court judge on April 5, and the judge can maintain the lengthy sentences or suspend a portion of the time imposed by the jury.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:36
- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 11:36
- Hits: 2268
Residents and visitors frequently tromp across Westmoreland County looking for treasure; visiting antique stores, trooping through the woods and fields, using metal detectors on the county’s many beaches. But the historical gem in Westmoreland County is the Westmoreland County Museum located on Courthouse Square in Montross.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:42
- Published on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:42
- Hits: 2212
Westmoreland County Sheriff C.O. Balderson announced that Mobile Data Terminals (MDTs) have been installed and have been “up and running” in deputy patrol vehicles since mid-November.
The MDT is one of the most valuable and important tools available to law enforcement. It has increased
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:39
- Published on Tuesday, 29 January 2013 18:39
- Hits: 3859
Westmoreland County Sheriff C. O. Balderson visited the Colonial Beach Town Council on Monday Jan. 28, to discuss the advantages of consolidating the Colonial Beach Police Department’s dispatch with Westmoreland County’s.