- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:45
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:44
- Hits: 1852
Bobby Wease was in the sand and gravel business for 30 years. But today, he and his wife, Shirley, are known for pulled pork, barbecued ribs and smoked chicken.
Westmoreland School Board members collaborate with fellow education leaders at VSBA’s annual convention
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 10:06
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 05:03
- Hits: 1842
Westmoreland County Public School Board members Iris Lane, Daniel Wallace, Coralynn Wise, and Karen Jackson joined Dr. Rebecca Lowry, Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent, Cathy Rice at the Virginia School Boards Association’s Annual Convention in Williamsburg last week.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:54
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:52
- Hits: 2111
The Virginia Cooperative Extension is in the process of a needs assessment in Westmoreland County. The results of the survey will help provide relevant programs that will meet the needs of the community.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:10
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:04
- Hits: 1984
Veterans from King George and Westmoreland visited Post 252 in Montross on Veterans Day to honor their fallen colleagues, remember old times and enjoy the pancakes courtesy of the American Legion.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:55
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:55
- Hits: 2492
Suspect still at large
Westmoreland County Sheriff’s Office deputies are currently looking for Robert J. Kelly, who is suspected of shooting his older brother last Friday.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:26
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:26
- Hits: 2962
After many hours of hard work by a group of dedicated volunteers, Town staff and Northern Neck Planning District staff, the Town of Montross hosted the first public preview of the facade improvements recommended by architects Ray and Dana Herlong, and the Facade Improvement Committee. A group of 35 business owners, residents and members of the facade committee met at the Westmoreland Fire Department last Wednesday, Oct. 16, to learn how recipients were chosen and to view a slideshow preview of improvements that are planned.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:24
- Hits: 1593
Beginning this weekend, West-moreland County will be the frightful scene of a busy week of spooky Halloween activities, from the Scarecrow Fest at the Colonial Beach Museum to the Third Annual Halloween Trunk or Treat in Montross.