- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:39
- Published on Wednesday, 26 February 2014 10:39
- Hits: 395
Washington & Lee High School Principal Andrea Michelle Roane is due back in Westmoreland County General District Court on April 28 to face charges of driving while intoxicated. A special prosecutor has been selected to try the case.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 January 2014 14:25
- Published on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:24
- Hits: 681
The Westmoreland County Board of Supervisors has delayed a decision on whether to move two Westmoreland County polling places. The board will hold a public hearing on whether or not to move the Districts 1 and 4 polling locations at its next regularly scheduled meeting on Feb. 10.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 14:54
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 14:18
- Hits: 2510
December 11, 2013 has turned out to be a bad day for 10 individuals, nine of whom were were rounded up early this morning and one who was already incarcerated on unrelated charges by the Tri-County Task Force under Operation Take Back.
The round up resulted in a combination of 21 indictments among the accused.
During the early morning hours, The Tri-County task force made up of Westmoreland, King George and Caroline County Sheriff's officers along with State Police and NCIS executed indictments on 10 individuals with charges ranging from distribution of illegal substances to child abuse and neglect.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:17
- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:17
- Hits: 987
Having lunch or dinner in Westmoreland County at Angelo’s Pizza Restaurant in Montross reminds customers of the definition of serendipity - making a fortunate discovery.
The restaurant located on Courthouse Square in downtown looks like the typical pizzeria but diners learn quickly it is much, much more.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:40
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:40
- Hits: 1704
The new $9.3 million Westmoreland County Judicial Center is scheduled to open on or before March 1, according to Westmoreland County Administrator Norm Risavi.
“The project has gone very well,” said Risavi. “We are well within the budget and actually may have a surplus.”