- Last Updated on Thursday, 22 November 2012 19:36
- Published on Thursday, 22 November 2012 19:36
- Hits: 1174
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:53
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:00
- Hits: 1278
In spite of losing to the Central Lunenburg Chargers (11-1), in the second round of the Eastern Section, Division 1 football playoffs, the 2012 fall sports season has been good to Colonial Beach. “I was tough that we lost, but I think as a coach the game was more competitive than the 28-0 score,” Drifters head coach Scott Foster said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 15:05
- Published on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 14:48
- Hits: 1149
Drifters head coach Scott Foster has led his team to the first round of the Eastern Section, Division 1 playoffs two years in a row. Although last year’s (6-3, 7-4) first round game ended in a 63-24 loss to Lunenburg Central (8-1, 10-1), he is optimistic that this season’s results will favor the black & gold. “They are a very good team,” Foster said. “They are ranked number three for a reason. We have to bring our best if we are to compete with them.”
After Friday’s win over Lancaster, the Drifters will travel to play Central Lunenburg, on Friday, Nov. 16, at 7 p.m.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 11:18
- Published on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 16:48
- Hits: 1283
Fasten your seatbelts, and hold your breath, the Red Devil offense has made another appearance at Monroe Park, in Colonial Beach.
From the opening kickoff to the final play of the game it was an all out offensive shootout. When the dust finally settled, the Drifters (2-2, 5-4) had defeated Lancaster 66-36.
Prior to the game, both teams were tied for fourth place in the Northern Neck at 1-2, 4-4. Although both teams are Regional playoff bound, they will not face each other again, because they play in different regions.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 11:14
- Published on Wednesday, 31 October 2012 16:21
- Hits: 1105
The atmosphere in Colonial Beach was nothing short of exciting!
For the fourth consecutive season, the Colonial Beach Middle School Drifters girls’ basketball team has defended their crown and repeated as Northern Neck District basketball champions.