- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:09
- Published on Tuesday, 05 March 2013 23:09
- Hits: 1083
Throughout the 2012-2013 season, the Colonial Beach High School girls’ varsity basketball team successfully played with the concept of teamwork; however, their fortunes changed in the Region A, Division 1 Championship quarterfinals, at the VCU Siegel Center, in Richmond, VA, as the Altavista Colonels defeated them, 56-36.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 13:20
- Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 13:16
- Hits: 1760
Black & Gold pride is alive and well in Drifter-land. After a hard fought battle that took two seasons of program rebuilding, Drifter varsity boys’ head coach Jonathan Parker has finally begun harvest the spoils of a championship.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 13:23
- Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 13:23
- Hits: 2190
The Journal is profiling CBHS athletes who have significant athletic contributions to their school. This week our focus is TT Carey and Dylan Farinet.
Friday, March 13, 2009, will forever cast a halo over the town by the river known as Colonial Beach. In that magical year, the Drifters boys’ varsity basketball team did the unthinkable. Utilizing a core of warriors led by
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 19:06
- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 11:33
- Hits: 1191
The Drifters varsity basketball team can best be described as a swarm of killer bees. Every man on the floor has the potential to turn a game from average to off-the-charts. The Drifters opened the season with three wins off of Middlesex, King & Queen and Washington & Lee.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 28 November 2012 11:53
- Hits: 1753
On Monday night, the rafters of the Drifterdome rattled and the walls shook with an unadulterated adrenalin athletic rush. The Lady Drifters varsity basketball team proved their unwavering will to step outside their usual scoring box with a 69-47 win over Middlesex. The Drifters overcame foul trouble to three key starters, and a relentless Charger offense to hold off their Tidewater rivals.