- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 19 June 2013 03:13
- Hits: 2473
He taught them well! For over 34 years Steve Swope has extolled the benefits of staying fit to elementary, middle school and high school kids. “Along with healthy eating habits, physical fitness should be heavily emphasized,” Swope said. “It keeps people alive
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 21:34
- Published on Tuesday, 11 June 2013 21:34
- Hits: 2395
On June 4, East Rockingham defeated the Drifters 22-1, ending their season in the VHSL Group A Division I softball quarterfinals. East Rockingham eventually lost to Honaker in the semi-finals, 2-1, and Honaker went on to defeat Madison County, 3-1 to win the championship.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 11:27
- Published on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 11:24
- Hits: 1946
Last Tuesday, the Drifters softball teams took a giant step forward, as they defeated Middlesex 9-0, which gave the team its first VHSL State Championship playoff berth in the school’s history.
The Drifters offense was hot at the plate, as catcher, Emily Parks was 2 for 3, including 3 RBIs, and a triple. M.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 17:26
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 00:10
- Hits: 2559
Although the Drifters dropped a tough 3-0 loss to Lancaster, they picked up a valuable district win at Northumberland (7-3). The Black & Gold closed out the week with a non-district 6-4 win at West Point, which improved their Region A postseason seeding. The Drifters’ pitchers did not disappoint, as they served as the backbone of the defense throughout the three-game week. “Our pitching staff came up big all week, and that’s
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 12:58
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 12:58
- Hits: 1360
The Colonial Beach Middle School baseball team is focused on reliving the heroics of three years ago when the team won the Northern Neck District Middle School Baseball Championship. Revisiting the Field of Dreams in Lancaster as champions is not merely a dream for new Drifter middle school baseball head coach Chase Davidson. Last season, the Drifters finished as runner-up in Northern Neck.