- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:41
- Published on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:15
- Hits: 847
With their spring 2014 flag football and cheerleading registration drive currently in progress, the King George Youth Athletic Association (KGYAA) reports that they are also continuing to collect donations of used youth football cleats as part of its semi-annual “Share a Pair” collection effort
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 11:31
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 11:21
- Hits: 2581
Prior to the 19th annual Dr. John Coker, Mary Washington Healthcare, YMCA, Thanksgiving Day Turkey 5K adult race, the younger/smaller runners ran along the corridors of Carl D. Silver Parkway. Less experienced runners, ages 6 & under participated in the half-mile race, while runners with more experience, ages 6-12, competed in the mile race.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 October 2013 18:12
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 08:58
- Hits: 2019
On Friday evening, Black & Gold fever filled the stands and the fences at Monroe Park, in Colonial Beach.
Redemption has its spoils, and the Drifters’ 62-8 homecoming victory over the Charles City Panthers has given Colonial Beach a renewed source of motivation, as the season moves into the second phase.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 05:15
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 05:15
- Hits: 2119
The Foxes and Drifters are football programs headed in two very different directions this season. After the 24-0 shutout of the Drifters at King George County Stadium, the Foxes are living on cloud nine, as they spend their bye week with a 4-1 record.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:47
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 11:46
- Hits: 3228
The Northern Neck Rivermen, part of the Mason Dixon Football League (MDFL), dominated the Virginia Steelers this past Saturday night with a 68-6 victory. In the first quarter, the Rivermen started the scoring off with a 103- yard kickoff return from wide receiver Mike Howard. The Rivermen tried to go for the two-point conversion but just came up short, making the score 6-0. But that didn’t stop the Rivermen; quarterback Walt Covington found wide receiver Jermaine Weldon for a 55-yard touchdown, making the score 12-0. The team attempted another two-point conversion but were unsuccessful once again.