- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:36
- Hits: 507
Richmond — On Monday, Jan. 20 Delegate Margaret Ransone sponsored “Dads and Donuts”, an event to bring fathers and children together and to promote strong families.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:24
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:24
- Hits: 398
Registration is now open for the March 11 Statewide Tornado Drill. Businesses and organizations, schools and colleges, and families and individuals can practice taking cover from tornadoes by participating in this annual safety exercise, set for 9:45 a.m.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 00:44
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 00:44
- Hits: 418
Feb. 14-17 will mark “Winterfest 2014 in the Northern Neck” and include a long weekend of events celebrating recreation in the Northern Neck in winter, and the Presidential legacy of the region where three Presidents were born.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:40
- Published on Wednesday, 29 January 2014 08:30
- Hits: 541
The Three Rivers Medical Reserve Corps, a local unit of volunteers who work to build public health infrastructures in communities, has given scouts in Colonial Beach instruction on emergency preparedness.
Three Rivers Medical Reserve Corps Coordinator Valerie Prince and volunteer Kathryn Miller met with Colonial Beach Boy Scout Troop 258 and the Webelos Cub Pack 258 at the Colonial Beach Baptist Church.
The scouts were taught emergency preparedness to help prepare them and their families for any future emergency or disaster situation. Each scout was given a free emergency kit backpack and urged to help their families “make a plan and stay informed” in the event of an emergency.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:27
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:27
- Hits: 2010
The King George Triad program and the AARP held an unclaimed property event which resulted in a total of $7,506.68 in cash and stocks being recovered by King George and Westmoreland County residents.