- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:48
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:48
- Hits: 375
Rosaltha “Rose” Lucille Eakin, age 83, passed away November 27, 2013, in King George, Virginia.
She was born January 10, 1930 in Bangkok, Siam (Thailand) the daughter of missionary parents.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 12:01
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 12:01
- Hits: 1739
Andrew J. Saulnier, 93, of Front Royal, VA died on Friday, Nov. 8th, 2013, at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg, WV.
Mr. Saulnier was born May 16, 1920, in Saulnierville, Nova Scotia, Canada, son of the late Jerry R. and Ange`le L. Guilebeau Saulnier. He was a WW II veteran of the U.S. Navy, founder of D & S Repair Service of Alexandria and a founder of Equipment Service Association.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:59
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:59
- Hits: 1695
Bryan Richard Gautier, 71, of King George County passed away Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013, in King George surrounded by his loving family.
Born in Dahlgren, he worked as a newspaper delivery boy from age 11 to 13, part time at several service stations and helped with the family florist and landscaping business throughout his high school years. He graduated as class president from King George High School in 1962, and then from Strayer College of Finance in Washington, D.C.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:57
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:57
- Hits: 1667
Margaret A. Griffith, 96, of King George County died Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013, at home.
She was born Aug. 14, 1917, in Rollins Fork. She was the eldest daughter of the late Chancey and Lily Allensworth.
Margaret enjoyed the outdoors and all of nature’s beauty. She was strong in her faith and patient beyond belief. She was a talented and skilled seamstress, yet modest about her achievements.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:20
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:20
- Hits: 3115
Mary Grubb Moschler, 84, went to be with the Lord October 15, 2013 in Hampton, Virginia.
She was born June 16, 1929 in Chatham, VA. She is preceded in death by her parents Ed & Mabel Grubb, her husband of 51 years, Leland Moschler, and her daughter Joan Moschler Allensworth.
- Last Updated on Monday, 14 October 2013 09:52
- Published on Saturday, 12 October 2013 05:05
- Hits: 5895
Ruth Herrink, publisher of The Journal for almost 30 years, died early this morning at Mary Washington Hospital.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:19
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:19
- Hits: 3372
SPC Jeffrey W. Lawrence II, 26, passed away Tuesday, October 8, 2013.
Jeffrey graduated with honors from James Monroe High School in 2005. He loved his pets, cars, music, enjoyed electronics, and was an avid Washington Redskins fan.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 12:11
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 12:11
- Hits: 4150
Clara Ruth Johnson, 103, of King George, died on October 5, 2013 at Heritage Hall Nursing Home in King George.
Mrs. Johnson was the oldest member of Little Ark Baptist Church, King George when she died. She resided in the Shiloh District of the county for the past six years and formerly from Dahlgren.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 11:15
- Hits: 2963
Diane Gosch Indseth of King George County died Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013, at home.
She was born Dec. 5, 1941, and raised in Huron, S.D. She was the daughter of Herbert Gosch and Fern Humphrey and the older sister of Ralph Gosch.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 11:22
- Published on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 11:22
- Hits: 3997
Mary Elizabeth “Betty” Robinson, 86, of Colonial Beach, went to be with the Lord on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013.
Betty was born in Washington, DC, on Oct. 30, 1926. She attended Holy Trinity High School in Washington.
She was married to George H. Robinson Jr. on May 17, 1947. They were married 45 years, until his death in 1992.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:07
- Hits: 3592
Barbara Ann Shaffier, 73, formerly of Colonial Beach, Va passed away, after a long illness, on Friday, October 11, 2013 at the Culpeper Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 09:53
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 09:53
- Hits: 4780
Galen Wayne Rothrock, 92, of King George County died Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, at his home after a brief illness.
He was born on the farm of his parents, Elbert Q. Rothrock and Ollie Belle Lichty near Davenport, NE, in 1921. This was part of the same farm his grandparents had homesteaded in the late 1870s. He grew up helping his father and brothers farm during the dust-bowl years of the ‘30s. Following graduation from high
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:03
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:00
- Hits: 4743
Ruth J. Herrink died October 12, 2013, surrounded by her family, following a brief illness.
Ruth frequently recited the 23rd psalm; her cup truly was filled to overflowing with life, energy and ideas. She learned the words of the “Salutation to the Dawn” from her father Basil B. Jones - “Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:07
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 12:20
- Hits: 4844
Dorothea Meriam Klein, 83, of Arnold, Md., passed away Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2013, at home with her family by her side.
She was born Sept. 28, 1929, in Baltimore, where she was raised, and graduated from Western High School. She moved to Arnold in 1957.
Dorothea was a homemaker and a part-time transcriber for the District Court of Maryland, in Annapolis, for 18 years.
She enjoyed reading, handicrafts, sewing and gardening. She also liked to write and had published several short stories and articles in children's magazines some time ago.
Dorothea is survived by her brother, Richard Kenneth Benfer; sister-in-law Georgiana Benfer; grandchildren Jean Klein Conn (Sean), Judi Klein Strecker (Charles) and James Klein (Mollie); 17 great-grandchildren; and 11 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James Wilbert August Klein; son James Wilbert August Klein Jr.; parents Rudolf Herman Benfer and Dorothea Meriam Benfer; and brother Rudolf Herman Benfer Jr.
The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, at Barranco & Sons, P.A Severna Park Funeral Home in Severna Park, Md.. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, at the funeral home. Interment will follow at Stevensville Cemetery in Stevensville, Md.
Online condolences may be made at barrancofuneralhome.com.