- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 17:16
- Published on Tuesday, 14 May 2013 17:16
- Hits: 2084
- Last Updated on Friday, 10 May 2013 14:01
- Published on Friday, 10 May 2013 13:59
- Hits: 1658
BOWLING GREEN – The County Administrator’s Office learned this morning through media reports that the deceased Boston bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev has apparently been buried in a Muslim cemetery on Sadie Lane in Caroline County.
“Caroline County was not consulted or given any input into the decision-making process for determining a burial site for this individual. We had no advanced notice of the decision and unfortunately learned of the selection of a burial site through the media” said County Administrator Charles M. Culley, Jr. “We would much prefer to be associated with positive news reports from the national media, but unfortunately had no say in the matter.”
The Chairman of the Board of Supervisors, Mr. Floyd Thomas and the Sheriff of Caroline County, will be holding a press conference in front of the Old Caroline County Courthouse at 3 p.m., Friday May 10.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:07
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:44
- Hits: 1350
An extensive renovation now underway at the King George Courthouse is expected to be completed soon. Officials believe it will solve many, but not all, of the security concerns that have worried county law enforcement officers for the past two decades.
“This is an important security upgrade,” said King George Circuit Court Clerk Vic Mason. “But there is more to
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:42
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:39
- Hits: 1054
County schools, in partnership with Special Olympics, last Friday held its “Little Feet Meet” at Hunter Field.
That was a culminating event for the division’s youngest students to celebrate the finish of their weekly fitness class, which was initiated earlier this school year.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:36
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:36
- Hits: 1011
Faddis Concrete Products looking to expand in Industrial Park
Faddis Concrete Products is planning to expand its operations located in the King George Industrial Park. That’s the news from last week’s meeting of the King George Economic Development Authority (EDA) on May 2.
The plan to enlarge operations by Faddis was disclosed following a closed session by the EDA to discuss
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:04
- Hits: 1739
School Board chairman John Davis and Superintendent Rob Benson presented the King George County Schools Teacher of the Year Award to Kathleen Howard. Kathleen is a math resource specialist at Potomac Elementary School.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 15:14
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:14
- Hits: 1293
KING GEORGE, VA – April 30th, 2012 – The King George Republican Party recently voted at its last scheduled meeting to endorse Rich Lorey for the Monroe District Board of Supervisors seat in keeping with the local parties’ fresh resolve to “do more with less.”
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 16:06
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:06
- Hits: 1485
The King George Board of Supervisors adopted its previously-proposed 2013-14 budget with no fanfare at a short special meeting last week on April 23. All members were present, and the vote was unanimous.