- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:27
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 05:27
- Hits: 2059
The King George Board of Supervisors has been requested by the judges and other officers of the court to provide the staffing necessary to operate the equipment for a new single entry point by members of the public into the county Courthouse.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 00:18
- Published on Wednesday, 21 August 2013 00:17
- Hits: 1508
The King George Board of Supervisors was provided a document containing recommendations and comments from members of a school safety collaborative committee that had been formally set up last February. The committee had held one meeting in early March, followed by email communications to capture the security ideas generated for each of the schools.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 00:06
- Published on Wednesday, 14 August 2013 00:06
- Hits: 3163
CIP TO BE FINALIZED LATER THIS MONTH
The King George Board of Supervisors last week discussed capital projects proposed for the county’s 2014-18 five-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP), with particular attention to those proposed to be funded in the current fiscal year.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 12:19
- Published on Wednesday, 31 July 2013 12:19
- Hits: 2317
Nearly a month after sending a July 1 letter requesting details about Project FAITH’s plans for proceeding with its HELP center project, King George last week finally received a preliminary response, of sorts.
The letter, received by fax on July 22 at the King George’s county administrator’s office, was addressed to county attorney Eric Gregory.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 11:15
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 00:13
- Hits: 2325
Nicole Thompson was praised and thanked for her four years of service to King George as its director of economic development by the Board of Supervisors, and offered best wishes for her continued professional and personal success in her upcoming move to Colorado.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 13:14
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 00:09
- Hits: 2592
Nearly two weeks after Project FAITH held what was labeled an open community forum on July 11, more questions still linger about the proposed project.
It was a curious forum, with no questions allowed from the audience, though, there were questions submitted in writing and pre-screened during the forum.
In fact, slides displayed during the meeting posed a set of questions and also displayed answers.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 00:07
- Published on Wednesday, 24 July 2013 00:07
- Hits: 1567
If building footers not poured by Aug. 1
The King George Board of Supervisors took action last week to authorize the county attorney to start a time clock on Aug. 1 for potential reversion of the 5.53 acres of donated land back from Project FAITH, should footers not be poured for the proposed HELP Center’s four buildings.