- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 15:14
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:14
- Hits: 1293
KING GEORGE, VA – April 30th, 2012 – The King George Republican Party recently voted at its last scheduled meeting to endorse Rich Lorey for the Monroe District Board of Supervisors seat in keeping with the local parties’ fresh resolve to “do more with less.”
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 16:06
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 00:06
- Hits: 1485
The King George Board of Supervisors adopted its previously-proposed 2013-14 budget with no fanfare at a short special meeting last week on April 23. All members were present, and the vote was unanimous.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 12:14
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 00:23
- Hits: 1919
The King George County Sheriff’s Office has warned county residents to remember to lock their vehicles and remove all valuables from them when they park them at night. The warning comes after a rash of thefts from cars parked in the Presidential Lakes Subdivision across from the Post Office on Route 3.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 16:41
- Published on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 16:41
- Hits: 1661
On April 15, Michele Tritt accomplished her dream of a lifetime. In spite of the bombing tragedy that will forever be embedded in the memories of Americans, the King George native, and current Kailua, HI, resident finished the 117th running of the Boston Marathon in three hours, 39 minutes, and 13 seconds—40 minutes before the bombing incident took place. Her personal goal was to finish the race with a time of 3:40.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:50
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:50
- Hits: 1900
Terra Products LLC is seeking a special exception permit from King George to enable it to establish its concrete product business in a vacant building and invest $6 million to produce aggregate products with projected annual sales of $40 million.