- Last Updated on Thursday, 31 October 2013 11:10
- Published on Thursday, 31 October 2013 11:05
- Hits: 1928
Terence (T.C.) Collins has announced he is running as a write in candidate in this year’s election for the James Monroe District school board position.
T.C. is a Virginia State Trooper. His wife Jennifer is an Assistant Principal at KGHS and he has a daughter who is a senior at KGHS.
From T.C.: "My platform is simple and straightforward:
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:36
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:33
- Hits: 1359
In their annual Zombie Run, over 50 runners ran through the grounds and woods to escape being “captured” by some King George Zombies. Over 50 runners ran for their lives in the 2013 event.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:30
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:30
- Hits: 2718
Claude Shaffer, president of Terra Products LLC, is moving forward with establishment of his new company in King George at Dogue. The company plans to produce about 12 varieties of sand and gravel products in 40-50 pound bags to be sold at garden centers and home improvement stores, along with some small concrete products, including ‘pavers.’
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:29
- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 10:29
- Hits: 844
Absentee voting available now for Nov. 5 election
Don’t forget to vote next week on Tuesday, Nov. 5. The Governorship and three local offices are up for grabs. On Election Day the polling places will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
This is an off-year election, which traditionally has low voter turnout for some very important statewide offices, in addition to contested local offices in some King George election districts. Candidates are listed below.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:35
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:35
- Hits: 1466
Ruth Herrink was remembered by King George leaders last week.
Condolences were expressed by several members of the King George Board of Supervisors at their meeting last week on Oct. 15, three days after the death of The Journal’s editor and publisher who died Saturday, Oct. 12 at the age of 87.