- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:19
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:19
- Hits: 1245
Waste Management District Manager Tom Cue has asked the King George Board of Supervisors to consider eliminating the quarterly tonnage cap for trash taken at the county landfill, but keeping the annual tonnage cap.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 05 February 2014 10:17
- Hits: 528
Fracking for natural gas and oil is on the agenda of this week’s King George Board of Supervisors meeting on Feb. 4, (following our press time) with presentations expected from three representatives from the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy (DMME), including a state geologist.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 08:15
- Published on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 08:15
- Hits: 1075
The future of engineering is filled with possibilities! Thinking outside the box and taking the Lego building blocks a step farther, from a routine activity of play into the world of robotics, are the King George Middle School students of science teacher Patrick Simmons’ 7th grade science class.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 23 January 2014 15:52
- Published on Wednesday, 22 January 2014 00:17
- Hits: 1917
A shooting at the Heritage Court townhouse complex in Dahlgren has resulted in the arrest of a 25-year-old King George man. Carlos M. Bell is being held at the Rappahannock Regional Jail on charges of using a firearm in the commission of a felony and malicious wounding.
Bell surrendered to King George Sheriff’s officers without incident Wednesday, Jan. 15, after another man, who lived three doors from Bell, was shot. Officers who responded to the call found the victim suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to his upper body.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:17
- Published on Wednesday, 08 January 2014 10:17
- Hits: 1369
Traffic signal going in at Owens intersection
The King George Board of Supervisors are being updated this week on three important transportation improvement projects slated to be undertaken within the county by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) over the next couple of years.