- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 March 2009 17:33
- Published on Wednesday, 04 March 2009 17:33
- Hits: 447
King George High School students earn perfect scores on SOLs
King George Superintendent Dr. Candace Brown last week released the names of King George High School students achieving perfect scores on Standards of Learning (SOL) tests taken during the first semester.
SOLs are given at the high school twice each year, since the school is on a 4-block system which provides students the ability to earn full-year course credits during each semester. The rest of the county’s schools take SOLs in the spring.
Fall 2008 Perfect SOL Scores for End of Course Tests:
• English – Writing: Christopher Braccini, Margaret Gruen, Phillip Hinkes, Devon Jeffery, Sarah Lundberg, Diana Mendez, Caroline Merryman, Richard Portner, Hollis Pultz, Sloane Salkey, Stephanie Such, Michael Torres.
• English – Reading: Christopher Braccini, Margaret Gruen, Sarah Lundberg, Daniel Pearson, Hollis Pultz.
• Algebra II: Kathleen Gilmer, Beth Loudin, Brett Wilson.
• Geometry: Hunter Josemans, Adam Shelkey.
• VA & US History: Christopher Braccini, Darren Breton, Jamie Clift, Joshua Cordes, Joseph Embrey, Benjamin Hankins, Crystal Kimbro, Sarah Lundberg, Dylan Manard, Austin Miller, Tyler Nobles, Daniel Pearson, Hollis Pultz.
• World History II: Alexander Askin, Alexandra Bentz, Christiana Bentz, Tyler Collins, Taylor Coxon, Joseph Durling, Joshua Johnson, Taylor McDermott, Stephanie Merryman.
• Earth Science: Tasha Barker, Michael Bewick, Katherine Canaday, Sean Collins, Tyler Collins, Tyler Furjes, Christen Green, Margaret James, Travis Kline, Matthew Payne.
• World Geography: Sean Collins, Brett Wilson.