- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:48
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 10:48
- Hits: 514
This Saturday Virginia Republicans are going to meet in convention to select their candidates for Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General. The top of the ticket. That’s easy. It’s uncontested and Ken Cucinelli will be nominated and chosen to lead the Republicans in the fall.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:48
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 14:48
- Hits: 1516
In 2012, E.W. Jackson ran for the GOP nomination for the U.S. Senate. He lost, but during his campaign he had the chance to meet Republicans all over the state. Jackson had a strong conservative message. Many have been impressed by his clarity, his intellect, and his commanding oratory.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:22
- Published on Tuesday, 30 April 2013 15:19
- Hits: 1405
First, I need to offer a little truth in lending before I write this column. I am a Democrat and I will not be participating in the Republican nomination process. However, that doesn’t mean I’m not paying close attention.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 16:16
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 00:15
- Hits: 1409
Martin Luther King is one of the most revered leaders of the 20th century. He was never elected to public office and never led an army, but his presence, force of character, and most of all, the compelling nature of his arguments, have given him a place amongst those who helped define who we are today. However, his memory has become so iconic, and so depersonalized that much of who he was doesn’t make it into the narrative. We
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:13
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 11:13
- Hits: 1039
It’s something economists talk about in low whispers. Perhaps because they don’t think anyone would believe them. But, what’s getting their attention and prompting these hushed conversations is the prospect that our nation’s deficit may in just a few years, drop significantly, or better yet, all but disappear. Even with our anemic recovery there is a very real possibility that the United States, in just a few years, will grow itself
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 17:20
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 00:20
- Hits: 1151
Is it a conflict of interest or is it just a matter of appearances? Right now, it’s hard to tell, but Attorney General Ken Cucinelli, the presumed GOP candidate for governor, is in the middle of a brewing controversy about his relationship with a Virginia-based supplements producer.