- Last Updated on Tuesday, 04 June 2013 16:27
- Published on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 00:25
- Hits: 1028
Kenny Buzby and his son Shane have been arrowing some nice snakeheads, a few gar and a few carp. These guys know what they are doing and are having fun doing it!
Shane Buzby with his bowfish, right, takes on all three species.
Kenny Buzby, left, shows us what good eating is with his good archery skills and this huge snakehead!
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 17:23
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:21
- Hits: 978
Imagine waking up in the middle of the night to find out that your barn with all your livelihood in it was burning in a furious hellfire that could not be stopped.
This was the nightmare that the Emory family, formerly of Hughesville, Maryland, lived through back in 1985.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 May 2013 11:11
- Published on Wednesday, 29 May 2013 00:03
- Hits: 1426
On the afternoon of May 20 on the Rappahannock River, seven boats operated by members of the Fredericksburg chapter of the Concerned Bass Anglers of Virginia, idled in the murky waters around Wilmont Landing in King George. The anglers were awaiting a chance to be a part of history.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:25
- Published on Wednesday, 22 May 2013 16:25
- Hits: 882
Fishing continues to be good but did slow down some with the cooler weather. Hunting dropped off quite a bit.
Ken’s Tackle reported continued shad fishing near Falmouth and some good white perch action in town. Bass were hitting on crankbaits near hard structure. There are a lot of small catfish hitting in the river right
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:02
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 12:01
- Hits: 1424
Pictures from Catch a Fish Day which took place Sat. May 4. Over 80 children participated in the 8th Annual Catch A Fish Day.
(there is no joy quite like seeing a child smile)
Photos by Buddy Fines
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 11:39
- Published on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 11:39
- Hits: 1156
Fishing was good until we got hammered by the downpour. That changed the rivers dramatically and then the ponds saw the influx of water as well. The river was still high as of press time. Hunting seemed to be poorer this past week as well.