- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:14
- Published on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 10:14
- Hits: 681
While many guys and gals started hunting season this year with doves or geese, some headed for the small game woods with a .22, .17 caliber rifle or a scattergun to collect some stew meat. I was finally able to take a few minutes and grab my own .22 rifle and head to the woods last weekend for a bit of R&R.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 05:40
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 05:40
- Hits: 800
Buddy Fines, one of King George’s most avid hunters and sports organizers, sent a message last week reminding me that the Outdoor Report did not include Sept. 28 as Youth Deer Day which is a statewide open season day for youth 15 years of age and under.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:38
- Published on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 00:37
- Hits: 751
Overview—Fishing continues to be very good all over. Both salt and freshwater anglers are really having a good time.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:45
- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 13:45
- Hits: 778
Overview—Fishing continues to be quite good with a variety of fish to be had in both fresh and saltwater. Hunting season opened for goose and dove on Monday.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 27 August 2013 17:59
- Published on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 00:59
- Hits: 952
Fishing continues to be good all over. Hunting season is rapidly approaching. Get your license and chores done! The croaker will be moving out in the next few weeks. Cooler nights will send ‘em south. Get them while you can. Sadly, summer is slipping away.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 15:17
- Published on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 15:16
- Hits: 768
One thing the incredible summer of rainfall appears to be doing is allowing anglers and kayakers to enjoy the upper Rappahannock. I recently called Virginia Outdoor Center to inquire about the river levels as I finally found a few hours to go smallmouth fishing. I got their machine and it more or less said that the owners could not recall any other summer in their time that they were able to operate their business with the water levels as good as they were during the summer. That was great news for