- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:16
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:16
- Hits: 1985
Wardman Companies, Inc. has filed a claim against the Town of Colonial Beach in the amount of $14,934.98 for damages sustained to the Riverview Inn on June 21, 2012.
The town’s insurance carrier has previously evaluated and denied this claim because the Town of Colonial Beach was not legally responsible for the damage, according to Resolution 31-13, which will be voted on at
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:10
- Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 13:10
- Hits: 1546
Council approves police dispatch Consolidation
In a special meeting on May 1, it took just one minute and forty seconds for council to pass a resolution authorizing Town Manager Val Foulds to execute a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Westmoreland County and The Town of Colonial Beach concerning Colonial Beach Police Department
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:11
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 10:06
- Hits: 1782
Joyce Gunderson, owner of Raggs clothing store in Colonial Beach, held a fashion show at Riverboat on the Potomac on Saturday evening. Proceeds from the event went to the CBVFD-LA.
Photos by Bonnie Gouvisis
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 09:54
- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 09:54
- Hits: 1874
Related Apartment Preservation (RAP) is back in Colonial Beach asking for a reference for financing their project to upgrade Riverwood Apartments.
In 2008, RAP approached the Colonial Beach Town Council with a similar offer. At that time, RAP was
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 12:25
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 12:06
- Hits: 2075
What began as a vacation trip for one local artist ended with the Colonial Beach Artists’ Guild “talking trash” to the town’s officials.
Elcy Leshley traveled to Abilene, KS, last year for vacation and observed that the town had artwork painted
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 12:04
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:56
- Hits: 1931
Nine new palm trees. A large new outdoor grill. An enlarged and improved stage. Newly painted tropical colored chairs. Wines from the Trump Winery. And, almost 40 popular bands on the schedule.
With another summer at the beach right around the corner, High Tides on the Potomac plans to be ready! The family built and owned restaurant and bar has become an essential part of the food, fun and music that
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:53
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:47
- Hits: 1180
Colonial Beach offered temporary agreement with Westmoreland County
Town staff has been trying to iron out details to comply with new mandates concerning soil erosion and sediment control measures that were put in place prior to March of 2012.
Changes occurred when the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) combined the Chesapeake Bay Act, the Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program (ESC) and the Stormwater Management Program
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:44
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:44
- Hits: 2290
James Santos lived in Florida for 41 years. He had heart surgery in 2009, and lost his job because he couldn’t work. Then he lost his home to foreclosure and had to sell his car to pay bills. And, then his favorite dog died. “We’ve been struggling,” he said.