- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:04
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:04
- Hits: 1649
Local Cub Scout Pack #258 recently toured the Colonial Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad station, where they learned life-saving first aid skills and also practiced Hands-Only CPR by squad members. “The scouts had to visit an important local building as part of their badge requirement, and we were very proud that our station house was selected,” said Wesley Melson, CBVRS Rescue Chief.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:03
- Published on Wednesday, 11 December 2013 10:02
- Hits: 1531
Mrs. Mary Virginia Stanford helped Dr. Peter Fahrney present Music Teacher Ashley Gingrich and her band students a check in the amount of $1,000.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:53
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 10:43
- Hits: 1923
The recently opened indoor Peddler’s Market in Colonial Beach is ready for what it hopes will be a successful holiday shopping season. The Peddler’s Market is located in a newly remodeled 10,000 square foot space where the old Rankin’s Hardware store was located before it moved to the other end of Colonial Plaza.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:55
- Published on Wednesday, 04 December 2013 00:55
- Hits: 1634
Single-family dwelling restrictions challenged separately by council and property owner bear a striking resemblance
On Nov. 19, Colonial Beach property owner Sharron Fortier appealed the decision of Colonial Beach Building and Zoning Director Gary Mitchell, who had determined that, according to Article 7 of the zoning ordinance, her property, located in the town’s resort commercial district, could not be used as a single-family dwelling. Coincidentally, in September of this year, amendments to Article 7 were put on hold at the town’s council level by now-former council member Tim Curtin, and three other council members. The changes proposed to Article 7 did not affect the section of the ordinance that covers the disallowance of single-family dwellings within the Commercial Resort District.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 09:43
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 09:43
- Hits: 1856
Coldwell Banker Elite, one of the nation’s most successful real estate franchises, has opened an office in Colonial Beach. The well-known firm announced this week that Coldwell Banker Elite has acquired Team 4U Real Estate in Colonial Beach.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 09:39
- Published on Wednesday, 27 November 2013 09:39
- Hits: 1443
Auditor Billy Robinson, of Brown Edwards & Company, LLP, issued the Town of Colonial Beach a clean opinion for fiscal year 2013, at the Nov. 21 town council work session. Mayor Mike Ham congratulated both the town and school board’s financial employees for their work. “This is the third year we have had a clean opinion, and it seems to be getting better every year.”
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:25
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:24
- Hits: 1951
Colonial Beach Volunteer Rescue Squad claimed the highest number of awards at the 79th Virginia Association of Volunteer Rescue Squad (VAVRS) Conference, held recently in Virginia Beach, Va.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:21
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:19
- Hits: 1633
A little something special was added to this year’s Annual Colonial Beach Rockfish Tournament, sponsored by the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce and the Colonial Beach Volunteer Fire Department, and hosted by Dockside Restaurant and Blue Heron Pub.