- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 14:01
- Published on Wednesday, 09 January 2013 00:43
- Hits: 1707
Westmoreland County Sheriff C.O. Balderson has announced the arrest of three fugitives from Loudoun and Spotsylvania counties at an apartment complex in Colonial Beach. The arrests were made early Friday by the Tri-County Task Force which is composed of officers from Westmoreland, King George and Caroline counties as well as the Virginia State Police and the Naval Criminal Investigations Service.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:26
- Published on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 12:26
- Hits: 2633
VDOT officials have contracted Bryant Construction to renovate the Tides Mill Creek Bridge on 205 near Wilkersons in Colonial Beach.
The bridge has been closed since the beginning of November.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:42
- Published on Wednesday, 02 January 2013 10:37
- Hits: 1696
Hazardous conditions were uncovered at the Beachgate Inn after a vehicle stuck and killed a pedestrian and left severe damage to the building.
When police arrived on the scene they determined that a 72-year-old man had passed out from a medical condition while driving his car down Euclid Ave. towards Colonial Ave. around 9 a.m. on Wednesday morning. The vehicle
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 12:04
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:49
- Hits: 1279
The 1st annual “Shop with the Sheriff” program was held this week to the delight of 25 children, ages 4 to 14, who were treated to a shopping trip at Walmart and then food and music at the King George YMCA. The event was sponsored by the King George County Sheriff’s office, the YMCA, Walmart and Foote Title.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:38
- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 11:38
- Hits: 1094
During the Christmas holidays in 1982, popular Westmoreland County Commonwealth’s Attorney Robert Fox lamented to a gathering of friends that he was concerned about the number of county residents who were without gifts, food or friendship during the holiday season. “I want to do something to help them,” he said.
- Last Updated on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Published on Sunday, 23 December 2012 11:18
- Hits: 5460
Residents of the Beachgate Inn in Colonial Beach have had more than their fair share of tragedy this year with a stabbing incident that resulted in a death in October and a vehicle accident last week that killed a pedestrian standing near his car. Now they have until Dec. 27 to find a new home.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 20 December 2012 18:42
- Published on Thursday, 20 December 2012 18:36
- Hits: 2284
A 62 year old man was pronounced dead shortly after being struck by a vehicle while standing next to his car in the parking lot of the Beachgate Hotel located at 800 Colonial Avenue in Colonial Beach on the morning of Dec. 19.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 11:52
- Published on Wednesday, 19 December 2012 00:48
- Hits: 1361
Colonial Beach Town Council made quick work of their last scheduled meeting for the year 2012. During the meeting, which lasted just under an hour, the council held two public hearings, passed six resolutions, and approved one amendment.