- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:02
- Published on Wednesday, 13 November 2013 11:02
- Hits: 1158
Charges had cost him his job
A former Colonial Beach police officer, who lost his job last year after being charged with malicious wounding and strangulation in connection with a dispute in Fredericksburg, has been found not guilty by a jury.
Kevin Murrell, 32, currently a resident of Stafford County, was found “not guilty” by a jury on Friday, after a two-day trial in Fredericksburg Circuit Court.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:31
- Published on Wednesday, 06 November 2013 13:30
- Hits: 983
Forecasters are predicting a cold, wet winter season, and Colonial Beach resident Sherry Lee is helping residents get ready by providing free coats, gloves and scarves for those in need.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 13:28
- Published on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 10:27
- Hits: 2095
Dump Truck Driver Patrick Patterson and Foreman George Harris look on while Ethan Taylor gives hand signal directions to Bryant Lynch, operating the excavator.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:28
- Published on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 11:28
- Hits: 2830
Steven Keene, General Manager of All-American Harly Davidson of Hughesville, Md. wants to bring BikeFest to Colonial Beach. He recently met with Carey Geddes, Director of the Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce and Brian and Vickie Coffman, owners of High Tides Restaurant about creating such an event before presenting the idea to Colonial Beach Town Council during their Sep. 26 work session.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 10 October 2013 13:37
- Published on Thursday, 10 October 2013 13:33
- Hits: 3389
The Westmoreland County Sheriff’s office has announced that Michael R. Bradshaw Jr. age 22 of Montross has been indicted on four felony charges in connection with the March 7 2013 armed robbery at the Colonial Beach 7-Eleven.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:46
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:46
- Hits: 2544
During the annual Drifter Homecoming Parade held Friday, Oct. 4, Colonial Beach School Board Superintendent Kathleen Beane (left) and Colonial Beach School Board member Vicki Roberson greet
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:45
- Published on Wednesday, 09 October 2013 11:45
- Hits: 1626
On the heels of expansions announced by two well-known Colonial Beach businesses last week, the Colonial Beach 7-Eleven began an extensive remodeling project this week. The store will remain open during the construction, which should be finished by Thanksgiving.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:20
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 10:20
- Hits: 1928
Two existing Colonial Beach business are in the process of expanding, a hopeful sign for the Westmoreland County economy which has been struggling for the past several years.