- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 February 2012 00:01
- Published on Wednesday, 29 February 2012 00:01
- Hits: 725
Chairman of the Budget Committee, Mike Ham told members, at last weeks Budget Committee meeting, “In most categories of the budget we are where we should be, with some items coming in over budget.”
Ham hopes to have the 2012-13 fiscal year budget out on time this year. Last year’s budget was delayed by the town’s audit. Ham announced he is also putting together a report of the last five years revenue and expenditures to determine what the town
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 February 2012 19:12
- Published on Wednesday, 22 February 2012 19:12
- Hits: 735
Colonial Beach Town Council passed resolutions to finalize the application for a $750,000 Business District Revitalization Grant at a special meeting held last Thursday, Feb. 16.
The council, after watching a power point presentation by Carol Rizzio of Lands Studio outlining the different phases of revitalization planned for Colonial Beach, passed a resolution naming the
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 00:28
- Published on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 00:28
- Hits: 800
Councilman Shane Buzby makes the fourth resignation from Colonial Beach Town Council in less than a year.
Councilman, Stephen Kennedy resigned on March 23, 2011. Councilwoman Karen Payne’s resignation was accepted November 2011, and councilman Ronald ‘Sparky’ Ridgely’s resignation was added to the agenda at the December meeting.
Buzby announced his resignation in a letter dated Feb. 10, the same day he was signed in as a Deputy Sheriff with Westmoreland County Sheriffs Department.
In his letter Buzby said, “It has been a pleasure serving in this capacity and I thank all of the
- Last Updated on Saturday, 24 November 2012 10:00
- Published on Friday, 09 December 2011 16:58
- Hits: 1126
For the second meeting in a row Colonial Beach Town Council accepted one of its member's resignations, both of whom served on the Budget Committee.
At the November meeting, Council announced the resignation of Karen Payne chair of the Budget Committee.
At the December meeting, no sooner did Council reconvene from closed session to announce Payne's replacement; Tim Curtin, but Council added to their agenda a resolution to accept Ronald
- Last Updated on Friday, 11 November 2011 14:16
- Published on Friday, 11 November 2011 14:16
- Hits: 527