- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:32
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:32
- Hits: 1607
About once every two years council members bring up the subject of school consolidation. Former Mayor Fred Rummage was often accused of trying to consolidate the town’s school system with Westmoreland County, which he denied in a school board meeting saying “I have never in my entire adult life not supported public education! I have not in my entire
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:21
- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 10:14
- Hits: 2383
Notice to builders no April fools joke
Anyone wishing to seek a building permit in Colonial Beach will have to wait. Due to the council’s indecision, the Town of Colonial Beach is no longer in compliance with regulations that would allow them to issue building permits, according to R. V’lent Lassiter, Principal Environmental Planner of the Virginia Department of Conservation & Recreation.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 March 2013 19:46
- Published on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 00:42
- Hits: 2484
Property owner William Entwisle is frustrated and worried over a sewage backup issue that occurs in his basement bathroom during power outages.
Entwisle lives at 209 Monroe St., near the bottom of a hill.
Entwisle, a veteran and retired firefighter, bought the house on Monroe St. three years ago. He has fond childhood
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 12:10
- Published on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 12:10
- Hits: 2025
Colonial Beach High School senior, and pitcher Karley Inscoe, is prepared to battle opposing hitters with her patented windmill fastball.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 11:59
- Published on Wednesday, 20 March 2013 11:59
- Hits: 2125
Ruediger Lentz, Executive Director of the German-American Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C., is heading up a proposal to purchase and renovate the old police station on North Irving Avenue to open a cultural center in Colonial Beach.