- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:53
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:47
- Hits: 1178
Colonial Beach offered temporary agreement with Westmoreland County
Town staff has been trying to iron out details to comply with new mandates concerning soil erosion and sediment control measures that were put in place prior to March of 2012.
Changes occurred when the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) combined the Chesapeake Bay Act, the Erosion and Sedimentation Control Program (ESC) and the Stormwater Management Program
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:44
- Published on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 11:44
- Hits: 2289
James Santos lived in Florida for 41 years. He had heart surgery in 2009, and lost his job because he couldn’t work. Then he lost his home to foreclosure and had to sell his car to pay bills. And, then his favorite dog died. “We’ve been struggling,” he said.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:12
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:12
- Hits: 1550
Colonial Beach Building and Zoning Director Gary Mitchell is optimistically preparing for the Town of Colonial Beach to be awarded a $750,000 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), by creating a facade improvement program.
The Town of Colonial Beach has resubmitted its application for a CDBG from the Virginia Department of
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 15:55
- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 12:07
- Hits: 1332
Colonial Beach Town Council deliberated for almost an hour to decide to whom to award the lease agreement for the building on the Boardwalk located at 108 Taylor St.
In the past, competition between the leasers of this location and nearby vendors had turned into a media circus and been nicknamed “The Hot Dog War”.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 09 April 2013 18:18
- Published on Wednesday, 10 April 2013 18:17
- Hits: 1522
Vice Chair Desiree P. Urquhart reluctantly resigned her position with the Colonial Beach Planning Commission after the March meeting. She has been called away to the family homestead in Zuni, VA, to care for her elderly mother on a full-time basis.
Urquhart moved to Colonial Beach six years ago, and became a member of the Planning Commission two years later. Her contributions to the Town will be felt for years to come.