- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:15
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:15
- Hits: 1607
Colonial Beach Town Council held a special meeting on June 27 to vote on advertised tax increases and the town’s budget for fiscal year 2013-14.
In the advertisement, the council proposed raising real estate taxes from $0.58 to $0.63 per $100 of value.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:14
- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 10:14
- Hits: 1390
Despite Governor McDonnell announcing more than $6.8 million in Community Development Block Grant funding, Colonial Beach’s application was denied for the second year in a row.
But the last two years of planning have left a significant number of volunteers determined to move forward
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 11:27
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 11:27
- Hits: 1682
Several thousand blues fans enjoyed a rocking weekend featuring the legendary Bobby Messano, The Nighthawks and more than a dozen other blues performers in a three-day concert at High Tides on the Potomac.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 11:41
- Published on Wednesday, 26 June 2013 00:38
- Hits: 1479
A Maryland man has entered a plea of no contest to a charge of First Degree Murder in connection to the brutal slaying of a woman at the Beach Gate Motel in Colonial Beach on Oct. 3, 2012.
Elizabeth “Niecey” Thompson was beaten, stabbed 46 times and left lying in her nightgown in a pool of blood in the motel parking lot. Pleading no contest to the crime was William Baker, 49, of Indian Head, Md.,
- Last Updated on Saturday, 22 June 2013 21:28
- Published on Saturday, 22 June 2013 21:28
- Hits: 2294
A Fredericksburg boy was injured with non-life threatening injuries last Wednesday after being struck by a King George driver.
Sergeant Thomas Molnar of the Virginia State Police reported that shortly after 5 p.m on June 19, Virginia State Police were called to the scene of a vehicle crash on State Route 205 on the Tides Mill Bridge just past Wilkerson's restaurant in Westmoreland County.