- Last Updated on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:04
- Published on Wednesday, 21 November 2012 12:04
- Hits: 2396
Mayor Frederick C. Rummage won his seat as mayor in 2008 beating three current council members Gary Seeber, Stephen Kennedy and Linda Crandell. Rummage replaced G.W. “Pete” Bone who served as mayor for 12 years and decided not to run again.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 13:25
- Published on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 13:03
- Hits: 1706
Colonial Beach Town Hall was the only government building to report any damage from Super Storm Sandy.
The building has had problems for years but the recent winds took their toll on the old building. The front
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 13:58
- Published on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 12:52
- Hits: 1480
Despite massive preparations, Colonial Beach Emergency Response Team feels they are not prepared for a direct hit from a storm like Sandy.
The boardwalk was cleared of benches and trash cans, buildings boarded up and sand bags dispersed. Town officials kept residents notified through instant alert of the impending storm, school closings and shelter openings. The town even identified streets prone to flooding. Public Works readied generators to run the water pumps, and police, fire, rescue, public works and town officials all stayed in contact, with the police station as their central command center. Town Manager Val Foulds stayed in town overnight throughout the storm.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 11:47
- Published on Friday, 09 November 2012 15:20
- Hits: 1575
This October ended with a lot of excitement and scary events, we all hope everyone made it through without mishap.
In the spirit of the upcoming holidays, our artists have been busy preparing for the season. This month JarrettThor Fine Arts Gallery is sponsoring an alumni event featuring some of the artists who have attended the various workshops over the past year.
- Last Updated on Saturday, 10 November 2012 15:27
- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 13:31
- Hits: 1489
Tides Mill Bridge on Rt. 205 is closed until Feb. 2013 for upgrades.